Thanks to an offer from two endocrinologists at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London, AMEND has produced a Phaeochromocytoma & Paraganglioma Crisis Card. A phaeo/para crisis is a possibility for anyone with either or both of these types of functioning tumors. The crisis causes sudden high blood pressure due to a sudden increase in the production of the stress hormones, catecholamines: this can, at worst, cause strokes or heart attacks. The cards, which are based on an original version from St. Bartholomew’s, will be distributed nationally throughout the UK via specialist centers, for onward distribution to appropriate patients who are either awaiting surgical removal of one of these tumors, or whose tumors are inoperable. The card lists prescription and over-the-counter medicines to avoid and have space for emergency contact details and for listing currently prescribed medication. They can be shown to pharmacists and medical staff to ensure that they are aware of the risks of these tumors.
- When Strong Motivation, an Active Approach, Healthcare and a Little Bit of Chance Meet at the Right Time and Place
- INCA Announces Change of President
- The Unicorn Foundation Hosts NET Patient Forum in Wagga Wagga
- Early Detection and More Аffordability for NETs – Let’s Join World Cancer Day
- INCA and the Global NET Medical Leadership Join Efforts to Improve Access and Research