Thanks to an offer from two endocrinologists at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London, AMEND has produced a Phaeochromocytoma & Paraganglioma Crisis Card. A phaeo/para crisis is a possibility for anyone with either or both of these types of functioning tumors. The crisis causes sudden high blood pressure due to a sudden increase in the production of the stress hormones, catecholamines: this can, at worst, cause strokes or heart attacks. The cards, which are based on an original version from St. Bartholomew’s, will be distributed nationally throughout the UK via specialist centers, for onward distribution to appropriate patients who are either awaiting surgical removal of one of these tumors, or whose tumors are inoperable. The card lists prescription and over-the-counter medicines to avoid and have space for emergency contact details and for listing currently prescribed medication. They can be shown to pharmacists and medical staff to ensure that they are aware of the risks of these tumors.
- African Zebra Cancer Network Support (AZNETS) in Focus
- 2019 Boston Neuroendocrine Tumor Conference
- Update on the Survey of Challenges in Access to Diagnostics and Treatment for NET Patients
- 60 CarciNor Members Participated in the Stafett for Livet
- NET Italy Onlus at the International Translational Course in Rare Cancer