On the weekend of 30 June, a 13-strong team climbed three famous English mountains (Pen-y-Ghent, Ingleborough and Whernside) in the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales to raise money for AMEND. With exceptional weather in England this summer, the team, including several patients, had to deal with temperatures of up to 32 degrees celsius and almost no shade during the 2-day adventure. Nevertheless, with plenty of sunscreen and fluids, and despite blisters and aching muscles, everyone completed all three peaks successfully, raising the whopping total of almost £15,000. Profits from the trip will be added to AMEND’s Research Fund, with the aim of awarding grants in 2019. You can read more about this adventure on the AMEND website.
- Unicorn Foundation Leads NETs Awareness Efforts in Australia
- INCA Poster “Unmet needs in the global NETs patient community from the perspectives of patients, patient advocates and NET health professionals”at NANETS
- INCA Presents its Unmet Needs Initiative in 7 Languages and Across Key Medical Conferences
- NET Patients and Supporters Will Raise Awareness at Medical School Across the UK
- AMEND Makes Sure the Patient Voice Is Heard